Skip to main content
Make the most out of any wiki by using our free sister product,
Blendspace by TES
, to create interactive lessons and presentations!
Pages and Files
Hall of Fame
Mrs. Davis' Blog
Internet Safety Video Series
Internet Safety Videos
Joseph, Tayler, Mitch
Web Heroes Starring
Internet Man/ Dexter the Computer Guy
Web Wonder/ Billy
Dr. Spam V. Irus
Web Heroes is the story of two modern day super heroes who try to protect the world from Internet dangers. While on their missions they teach those around them the ten safety rules of the Internet. These rules keeps anyone who works on the internet safe and free of danger.
1. I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parents’ work address/telephone number, or the name and location of my school without my parents’ permission.
2. I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
3. I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet" online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring my mother or father along.
4. I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parents.
5. I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do I will tell my parents right away so that they can contact the service provider.
6. I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online and appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission.
7. I will not give out my Internet password to anyone (even my best friends) other than my parents.
8. I will check with my parents before downloading or installing software or doing anything that could possibly hurt our computer or jeopardize my family’s privacy
9. I will be a good online citizen and not do anything that hurts other people or is against the law.
10. I will help my parents understand how to have fun and learn things online and teach them things about the Internet, computers and other technology.
Internet Man, disguised as his secret identity, Dexter, is safely searching the internet and feels as though something dark and pixelized is waiting just beyond the horizon. In the mean time, while taking care of her precious Webkins, little Susy meets a new friend online. She quickly bonds with this unknown friend. After weeks of bonding little Susie gives her new online friend the password to her Webkins account and other personal information. The next time little Susy logs on, she finds that all of her Webkins have been given away, and her online friend is nowhere to be found. Internet Man comes to investigate, along with his sidekick, The Web Wonder.
Internet Man now has found something terribly wrong with all the Webkins. While looking in on this investigation he meets with Dr. Spam V. Irus to see if he has anything to do with this. He openly denies it, but Internet Man has his doubts. Mean while Susy tries to meet with Barbie Rose and mysteriously disappears. This adds to the mystery of the story of the missing Webkins.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"